Well, we finally made that giant leap to get the kids into beds. Ava is still in a crib, her bed is on order. We got the boys bunk beds that break down to 2 twin beds until they are ready for the bunk. It has been a tough transition. The cribs came down Aug. 31. Needless to say the last few weeks have been rough at naptime and bedtime. I won't carry on too much about it. It's come down to me sitting on the floor when we put them down(nap and bed), basically to let them know I'm there and they need to stay in their beds. I just sit there, no talking, no eye contact, nothing. If one gets out of his bed, I simply get up and put them back in. It's getting easier, like they're getting the idea of what is expected. We had to clear the room out.....the first few days they were taking nobs off the dresser, tearing everything apart. Now they have a few books and the favorite lovey's and stuffed toys. The last few nights they have fallen asleep very quickly. I realize now how spoiled we were w/ the cribs. The were such good sleepers in their little "cages". Some think I jumped the gun, but let's face it, it was time, they will be 3 in November. The change was necessary. They'll be fine and so will Mommy and Daddy. It's funny how these milestones are so draining, yet exciting at the same time. They love their beds, and I love seeing them grow and realize what they are capable of.
This pic was taken a few nights into the new beds. Scott went in to check on the boys and Chase had crawled into bed w/ Landon. Too cute.

This pic was taken a few nights into the new beds. Scott went in to check on the boys and Chase had crawled into bed w/ Landon. Too cute.




1 comments:
Hi there. I just read your comment on the Barr babies blog.
I'm a photographer in the Boston area. I know that's probably far away from you but if you're really in a pickle it might be worth it if we met half way?
I used to Live in Oswego. Are you that far up?
my website is www.klgproductions.com
feel free to email me!
Your kids are adorable!!
The picture of the boys in the bed is just so sweet!!
Post a Comment