So, we think we're hot stuff here. Yup, we're sporting not one new ride, but three new rides. We finally took the plunge and got the kids some motorized cars to drive. We were actually pretty lucky. The Cadillac Escalade was given to us, it needed some repairs and a battery, but Daddy took care of that. The Jeep was a treasure that my father (Pop, to the trio) found on the side of the road when they were just babies. All that needed was a battery. And the Barbie Corvette, we actually bought that used. So, we didn't drain the savings to get the kids wheels. They are having so much fun with these cars. The Vette is rediculous, it has a working stereo, reverse, pop up head lights, blinkers, and a cup holder. The Cadillac has a radio and well, and the doors open. They've only had them for about a week now, so they are still getting the hang of them. As you can see in the pictures below, Scott took the kids 4wheeler (no they do not ride it yet, they are too small) out and sort of led Landon through the yard until he understood how to manuver it. He's so good with it now, and loves to be the big guy that gives his siblings and younger cousin rides. Ava and Chase are still practicing. Ava just likes to sit in the Vette and Listen to her music, and at first she wouldn't let anyone in the Caddy. She's so bossy sometimes(hmmmm!?!?) Chase loves the Jeep because it's like Pop's, he pops the hood and pretends he's working on it. Too cute! These cars have provided endless hours of entertainment at this house. And of course through all this fun they've been having, they have also been sporting Runny Noses. Yup, we have our first cold of the season. Lots of snotty tissues around here. It actually wasn't too bad. I hope it's not to early to say that I think we're on the mend, at least for now. I know this is just the beginning.



Just wanted to add that we are having so much fun with this age. I can't believe that they will be turning 3 in two short months. Although this age has proved to be EXTREMELY TRYING, the kiddos are getting so smart and becoming so independent. It blows me away when I watch them interact with each other, these little people of mine. Yesterday I was with a group of women. Some I knew well, some I didn' know well at all. I have to say that I'm a very open and honest individual. If you ask me for the truth, you'd better expect it, good or bad. So this group of women, all stay home Moms, which all attend church, and belong to Bible study groups and what not(which I do NOT), one of them(whom I did not know) asked me if I worked outside of the home. My reply was, "No, I wish I did". She was shocked. I told her that being a stay home Mom was not something that I had planned, I was sort of forced into it(daycare costs would be outrageous), and that sometimes it was very hard for me. I went on to tell her how much I loved my kids and am glad to be here to watch them grow and spend time with them, but I had missed my job, and wished that I could go back sooner. She just couldn't under stand that and her reply was a pathetic "Oh, that's sad". I did't go any farther with the conversation because I realized quickly that she wasn't worth the effort, and I wouldn't be hanging out with her anytime soon. But let me tell you that I was pissed. She also tried telling me that she had it harder having her 3 children all at different times. My thoughts were........This chick can't be for real and what freakin' planet was she living on. Get a clue. For a quick second, I felt like I was a bad mother for feeling this way, but then I quickly snapped out of it, and was glad that I speak the truth. We are all different, and what is good for one, may not be good for another. What matters most is that I love and adore my children, whether I am a working Mom or not...........ok end of rant, I just had to get that off my chest.








2 comments:
Hey there girl! First of all, LOVE the rides, so cute! Secondly. THAT WOMAN? I totally understand what you mean. I got licensed as a therapist literally 2 months before giving birth. I am, by far, the youngest and few out of all my "cohorts" that actually got licensed and so young. Never did I think I would have twins/go through IF and need to stay home. BUT, that is where my life has taken me and I have sort of accepted that I will be out of the WF for some time.
But I do miss it, and I think there has to be balance in a woman's life. With the hours most husband's work these days, it's a lot more than just being home from 9-3pm every day.
This should be in a commercial..all the pics. My favorite is the one of the boys in the escalade....
I wish a could have had a corvette back in the day, much less, one with a radio. haha
Post a Comment